This mindfulness meditation will help you feel calmer inside by helping your mind to slow down.
The key for it to work is to focus on your breathing and nothing else. It’s a really simple but effective way to become more mindful and slowing down racing thoughts.
● Take a comfortable seat in the quietest place you can find.
● Set a timer for 3, 5 or 7 minutes.
● Close your eyes and draw your attention to your breath.
● Give yourself permission to rest, to do nothing, to simply be still.
● Notice the temperature of your breath as it enters through your nose or mouth.
● Feel your chest and belly rise and fall with each breath.
● Rest in this moment.
● Each time you notice yourself thinking, remind yourself that you have permission to let it go, to stay present and to rest.
● Feel your mind relax back into focusing on breathing.
● Let your mind take a break and rest in a sense of ease.
● Open your eyes when the timer goes off.
If you manage to do this until your timer goes off then well done! It’s not as easy as it sounds to sit still and not think for a few minutes, but I promise you that if you can do this for a few minutes each day you’ll start noticing a difference in your stress levels.